I feel Depressed
Many of us feel low at points in our lives and experience sadness, hopelessness and fatigue. As a depression life coach I would help you coping with depression and become aware of the areas of your life that need to change through support and motivation.
If you have experienced a sad event such as bereavement, redundancy, divorce or high stress, you may suffer from the following symptoms:
- A need to cry and to isolate yourself from others for short periods
- A need to share emotions with friends and family
- Changes in your usual behaviours
These are generally temporary feelings of sadness and will pass, but if you find they have persisted for several weeks or months you may want to seek professional help.
Feeling Depressed itself is a mental health disorder and is characterised by a variety of symptoms in patients such as:
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Ongoing negative thoughts
- A feeling of inadequacy and hopelessness
- Feelings of sadness and despair
- Inaction and inertia
- Isolation from others
- Irritability and impatience
It also tends to be a long term condition that affects all areas of a persons life and again it is recommended to seek professional help.
For mild to moderate depression a GP has a variety of treatments available such as talking therapies and medication. In addition to this treatment depression symptoms can prevent the dip into more severe depression and fight back against the existing symptoms.
As a depression coach I would help you:
- Become aware of your symptoms and the areas of your life that need to change
- By supporting and motivating you to have hope for your future
- By using specialist techniques to explore and change your thinking patterns, which would lead to appropriate changes in your behaviour.
- Drop or change the areas of your life that are dragging you down and incorporate more of what brings you joy
To find out more about my depression coaching programme please contact me.