I’m not a big believer in positive affirmations. I find repeating phrases over and over to myself doesn’t work for me.
However there are times when a positive statement can really give you a boost and help you carry on when you’re struggling.
So here’s a list of phrases I’ve found useful in overcoming my self-doubts when they appear:
- “I can’t control my thoughts but I can choose my reaction to them”
- “Failing is part of the journey to success”
- “Having confidence isn’t about not being scared, it’s about putting yourself out there anyway”
- “You can’t change the other person but you can change your reaction to them”
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right” (Henry Ford)
- “Do, or not do, there is no try” (Yoda)
- “It’s not something you should do but something you could do”
- “If you change nothing, nothing will change” (Tony Robbins)
- “You wouldn’t worry what others think about you, if you realised how seldom hey do” (Eleanor Rossevelt)
- “If the mountain you want to climb is overwhelming take it one molehill at a time”
I hope some of these statements resonate with you. They are helpful to boost your confidence when you’re struggling with self-doubt.
Do let me know if you have any of your own and please share with the buttons below.